Sunday, June 20, 2010

Week 3: Photos & ImagesThing #5

Alright! This is now getting into the neat stuff! Flickr is really neat! I already created an account and uploaded some photos. Cool stuff. I am having a tiny bit of trouble finding the Creative Commons collections, but I'm still looking. Creating the account and uploading pictures was pretty user-friendly. Incidently, I'm taking the Intel training at my district and I'm also learning about blogs and wikis there, so this is turning out to be one really productive summer! I'm also learning about Delicious accounts there...really looking forward to learning more about EVERYTHING!

Oh, I forgot to explain about a neat feature of Flickr--you can add tags to your photos so that it makes it easy for others to find your photos and for you to find theirs. They are basically words that can be used for searches. For example, I added a picture of a wedding cake topper and tagged it using the following words: wedding, cake, topper, funny, etc. These words will make it easy to for those looking for such things to find.


To find the Creative Commons collections: click on EXPLORE and scroll down to CREATIVE COMMONS. It's important to be familiar with the Creative Commons Rules so that you know how you are allowed to use each of those collections.


Ok, downloading a picture onto the desktop was a piece of cake...now I gotta' figure out a way to add it to this post....I don't think I saw the instructions on the 23 Things page. Here goes nothing...I did it! All I had to do was click on the little photo icon at the top of my blog editing page and it was easy after that! Yessss--done with Thing #5!

No comments:

Post a Comment