Monday, June 21, 2010

Week 3: Photos & ImagesThing #6 Flickr Mashups & 3rd Party sites




Mashups are applications or websites that take the best of two other services to create a new, innovative service. In this example, I used a Flickr photo and created a trading card using bighugelabs.com and then saved it to my blog post, as was the assignment. I will be exploring other mashups next and hopefully posting another picture here. I am going to try mosaicmaker now, also from bighugelabs.




To use Flickr photos, you need to first "connect" the two services (bighugelabs and Flickr). This is very simple. You go to mosaicmaker and then when you are ready to upload photos, you can either use pictures of your own from your desktop, or you can choose other sources. I chose Flickr and was asked to connect the two....it just takes a couple of clicks. Hope you enjoy both my trading card and my mosaic! I hope I don't have any problems uploading two photos to this blog post. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment